Employee Assistance Fund
With everyone's safety in mind and following government directives, all Clyde's Restaurant Group locations ended all full-service dining effectively March 16, 2020. While our bar & dining rooms were closed, minimal staffing was needed. Therefore, all hourly staff members were temporarily laid off. Since then, we reopened our dining rooms, added outdoor seating, and adopted measures to ensure a safe environment for staff and guests.
During these difficult days, we are prioritizing the physical and mental health of all of our employees. Below are a few steps we've taken to care for our Clyde's family.
- Paid PTO and/or Sick & Safe Leave for ALL of our employees
- Employee Assistance Program – providing health, wellbeing and legal counsel
- Providing free employee meals at locations with minimal or no outdoor dining (2 meals per person, available at least 2 times a week)
- Expanded employee food discount
- Started a nonprofit Clyde's Restaurant Employee Assistance Fund with trusted steward, Greater Washington Community Foundation. Clyde's Restaurant Employee Assistance Fund was created to provide financial aid to CRG employees whose income is being adversely affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Seeded the fund with a percentage of sales from our carryout business and added to the fund with proceeds from two auctions featuring artwork from recently closed restaurants and our storage warehouse.