Employee Assistance Fund
With everyone's safety in mind and following government directives, all Clyde's Restaurant Group locations ended all full-service dining effectively March 16, 2020. While our bar & dining rooms were closed, minimal staffing was needed. Therefore, all hourly staff members were temporarily laid off. Since then, we reopened our dining rooms and adopted measures to ensure a safe environment for staff and guests.
During these difficult days, we are prioritizing the physical and mental health of all of our employees. Below are a few steps we've taken to care for our Clyde's family.
- Paid PTO and/or Sick & Safe Leave for ALL of our employees
- Employee Assistance Program – providing health, wellbeing and legal counsel
- Providing free employee meals at locations with minimal or no outdoor dining (2 meals per person, available at least 2 times a week)
- Expanded employee food discount
- Started a nonprofit Clyde's Team Member Emergency Assistance Fund with trusted steward, Greater Washington Community Foundation. This was created to provide financial aid to CRG employees who need it.
- Seeded the fund with a percentage of sales from our carryout business and added to the fund with proceeds from two auctions featuring artwork from recently closed restaurants and our storage warehouse.